The key factor in product performance is a material’s elastic property. EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE material has a natural elastic property with the high tensile strength to achieve good release properties, but it is also easy to deform, which helps reduce tire defects.
2. What is EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE?
Eva Thermoplastic Elastomer TPE (EVA TPE) is a thermoplastic elastomer rubber foam that is used for the production of automotive tires. It can be made into different product shapes such as tire flange, wheel rim and hub, wheel rim, hub, and so on. It can also be used as a base material for EVA rubber foams like EVA Rubber Foam.
3. How is EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE used?
EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE is an excellent choice of rubber material. It has good thermal stability and can be used in many applications such as tires, thermoformed parts, etc.
In this post, I would like to briefly mention some of the advantages of EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE material over other types of rubber materials:
- EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE material has better mechanical properties than other types of rubber materials. They have a lower flexural modulus (the measure or force required to bend a material’s shape), which means that EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE material can withstand more force than other types of rubber materials. This is especially useful for products with high elasticity requirements.
- EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE is environmentally friendly; it has a low odor and no harmful chemical smell because it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
- EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE has no significant decrease in strength under hard impact.
- EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE has superior heat resistance; it can withstand higher heat rates than other types of rubber materials. As a liquid plastic, its surface temperature is significantly higher than that of any other type of plastic (e.g., ABS). This is because when heated from below, it melts at the surface and recrystallizes from the surface up towards the middle instead of melting at the center like most plastics do when heated from above.
- The viscosity (or elasticity) index (VI) has been shown to be significantly higher than that of ABS and PCTE at room temperature; this means that when you apply pressure on EVA thermoplastic elastomer tpe, you will get more force with less effort than if you applied pressure on ABS or PCTE at room temperature.
4. What are the benefits of using EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE?
This is an important question. The best way to answer it is to use the word “bond” (a rubber-to-rubber, rubber-to-plastic, plastic-to-rubber bond).
The answer is: Every time you use EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE, your product will have a stronger bond with its environment.
In other words, you’ll be producing a stronger product. From that point of view, EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE material could be the new rubber for the wheel.
5. Are there any drawbacks to using EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE?
EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE (TPE) is a unique material that has the capability to change from a rubber foam base to a solid product. Compared with rubber foam base, EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE has more elasticity, is more supple, and is more stable. The main drawback of EVA is its material processing cost. EVA uses the process of judicious polishing for softness and durability. In China, EVA is widely used in a wide range of tire materials, including spare tires and tires for the automotive industry.
The following are the advantages and disadvantages of EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE:
- High viscosity enables it to be easily molded into products;
- Better elasticity than rubber foam base;
- Skin-tear resistance;
- Best appearance (no defects);
- Excellent thermal stability;
- Insufficient heat resistance. Because of the application of thermoplastic elastomer TPE, as it will change with its temperature, its physical properties will change, so its use will be limited to some extent.
- not enough durability. Compared with some of the more durable materials, thermoplastic elastomer TPE may have some defects in this area, durability is not very good.
- Compressibility is not enough. Look at this issue may be said from the thermoplastic elastomer TPE compression performance is not very good.
The rubber foam base is used at EVA rubber foam base and EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE material. The EVA thermoplastic elastomer TPE material is widely used at EVA rubber foam base; improves product release and exhaust function, and can reduce the defects in the appearance of the tire and improve the qualified rate of the finished product.